If you're looking for an impressive dessert, try this fluffy chiffon cake recipe!
- 235g cake flour
- 300g granulated sugar
- 12g baking powder
- 5g salt
- 7 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 188 ml cold water
- 15 ml vanilla extract
- 7 large egg whites, room temperature
- 2g cream of tartar
- Preheat the Enhans Air Fryer Oven by selecting the cake function (sixth choice) and set the temperature to 140°C.
- Sift the cake flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Make a well and add the egg yolks, oil, water and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy. Add in the cream of tartar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Using the same beaters, beat the egg yolk batter. Scrape the bowl as needed. Beat until combined and smooth.
- Fold in 1/4 of the egg whites into the egg yolk batter to lighten it up. Then gently fold in the rest of the egg whites in two equal parts until no white streaks remain.
- Pour into an ungreased 10″ tube pan with removable bottom.
- Bake for 50 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The top should be golden brown and spring back when lightly pressed.
- 7. Let cool completely upside down. Unmold and serve.