No Products in the Cart
Avocados have been gaining popularity in Malaysia, the pear-shaped fruit, as it is nutritious for our health. But people used to make avocados as salad, smoothies or dipping sauce for their meals only, nothing creative in making it to other dishes.
Today we want to share with you how to make perfectly crispy on the outside, creamy inside, air fried Avocado Ping Pong Balls, known as fried guacamole, with your Enhans Air Fryer. Thanks to Fit Men for this recipe!
Ingredients A (for 10 Ping Pong size fried guacamole):
* 3 medium ripe avocados
* Juice from 1 lime
* 45gram chopped onion
* 2 tsp cumin
* 45gram fresh finely chopped cilantro to taste
* A pinch of salt & pepper to taste
* 8 tbsp fine almond flour
Ingredient B (for frying):
* 1 whole egg
* 1 egg white
* 45gram almond flour or unflavored protein powder o
* 90g gluten-free panko or regular panko or wheat breadcrumbs
* Cooking Oil
* In a bowl, mix and mash the ingredients for the guacamole EXCEPT for the almond flour.
* Once you have the desired taste, add in the almond flour until it the guacamole is thick, like brownie batter.
* Add additional tablespoons of almond flour to the batter as needed to make it thick.
* Be careful not to add too much lime juice as that will make the guacamole wet and loose.
* Set the bowl in the freezer to harden for 1 – 2 hours until it has thickened.
* Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick foil.
* Use a spoon to scoop out the guacamole and form a ball, about the size of a ping pong ball, with your hands and place it on the baking tray. Repeat VERY quickly with remaining guacamole.
* Cover the tray with non-stick foil and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight.
* Preheat your Enhans air fryer to 200 Celcius.
* Beat eggs together in a bowl.
* You MUST work quickly and likely will have to do this in batches.
* Lightly spray a guacamole ball in cooking oil to help them get “sticky,” then dip it in almond flour, then the egg mixture, then panko crumbs. Repeat ONLY until you have enough guacamole balls to fill the air fryer basket (while giving them ample space to breathe).
* Place the rest of the balls (without coating) back in the freezer.
* Place the coated balls in an air fryer basket, spray them with a little olive oil and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until the outside is golden brown.
* If the balls begin to crack, take them out of the air fryer. Allow them to slightly cool before handling since they become more firm as they cool.
* Repeat steps 5 & 6 for any remaining balls.