If you feel like having dessert for breakfast, then give this this banana bread pudding a try. With a crusty top and gooey goodness inside, this pudding is a heavenly combination. Check out this recipe, and make yourself a nice sweet breakfast or dessert in the evening.
- 3-4 bananas
- 1 pack brioche bread
- 2 eggs
- Some light cream or milk
- Some vanilla extract, sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon
- Raising or Chocolate chips
- Grease 6 or 7-inch round baking pan with butter
- Cut brioche into small cubes
- In a large bowl, add the bananas and mash them well using a fork
- Then add the eggs, cream, vanilla extract, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg and whisk them all together till they become a smooth custard
- Add the cut brioche pieces along with the raisins in the bowl. Save some raisins to the top later.
- Mix well all the brioche is covered in the custard
- Then transfer the soaked brioche to the prepared baking pan and spread the saved raisins on top
- Let it sit for 10 minutes, so the custard is well-absorbed
- Place the baking pan in the air fryer basket.
- Set the air fryer to 165 Celcius for 15-20 minutes, or until the custard is set in the middle. Insert a knife and check it is well cooked.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- You want to have super ripe bananas when making this pudding similar to banana bread, as it adds all that natural sweetness to the final dish
- Use a day old brioche and cut it into small cubes. You can also use challah or croissants in this recipe. A day-old bread is better at soaking all that custard to make this dessert rich