Tumeric Fried Chicken also known as Ayam Goreng Kunyit in Malaysia. Let's check it out this mouth watering air fried tumeric chicken!
- 800gram or 1kg chicken drumsticks, tights and wings, bones in, skin on or off as you prefer.
- 2 thumb-sized fresh turmeric pieces, peeled and chopped
- 5-7 small shallots
- 5 cloves garlic
- A pinch of pepper
- 1 tbs salt
- 4 tbs coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon coconut butter
- Mix all the ingredients except the chicken in a blender.
- Put the chicken pieces in a large bowl, cover with the paste and rub the marinade into the pieces of chicken.
- Marinade it overnight.
- Preheat Enhans air fryer at 220 Celcius, and fry the chicken about 12 minutes.
- Check the chicken whether is cooked or not. Otherwise, air fry for another 2 minutes.
Turmeric has a VERY bright orange/yellow colour. It will stain most surface. So make sure you wear an apron, or your oldest clothes and remember to not use any containers which can be stained easily.