For any Malaysian, this sweet delight needs no introduction. Kuih keria is the Malaysian version of a donut which is made with sweet potato. You can use Enhans air fryer to make healthier versions instead of deep fried.
- 250g sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 70g flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 70g white sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- Clean the sweet potatoes and cut into big chunks. Place in a pot with enough water. Boil till soft. Mash the sweet potatoes.
- Add tapioca flour, flour and salt into the mashed potatoes. Stir to mix till you get a soft texture.
- Divide into 40g balls, flatten it and make a hole in the middle like a donut.
- Arrange the shaped dough onto Enhans airfryer basket and air fry for 20 mins on 160 °C. Flip over the sweet potatoes ring after 10 mins. Once done, set aside and prepare the coating syrup.
- In a pan, add sugar and water. Bring to boil.
- Stir the sugar mixture until all the sugar has dissolved and the liquid starts to bubble.
- Add the donuts back into the pan with the sugar syrup. Flip the donuts on both sides to make sure they are coated evenly with the syrup.
- The kuih is ready once the sugar is dried up. Enjoy!