Banana Fritters, commonly we Malaysians call it as Pisang Goreng, is Malaysia local snack that typically deep-fried in a pot of sizzling oil. The taste differs mainly due to the batter used in frying.
As you know, Airfryer cannot fry food with wet batter. How to make this popular snack at home with Airfryer?
Instead of using a wet batter, we can use the dry method - air fried banana fritters. Let's check out this recipe!
- 8 ripe bananas or local bananas (pisang raja), peeled
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Add 3 tablespoons cooking oil in a skillet. *Under low heat, stir fry breadcrumbs for a few minutes until golden. Set aside.
- Preheat Enhans air fryer at 180 Celcius.
- Coat bananas in cornflour, then dip into egg white. Thirdly, coat them in golden breadcrumbs.
- Arrange bananas one layer on the fryer basket and slide the basket into the preheated the air fryer.
- Air fry for 8 minutes.
- Place it on paper towels and serve warm.
- To balance between golden brown crunchy outside and gooey soft inside, here is a simple way: Stir-fry breadcrumbs with a little oil before bread the bananas.
- By doing so, you will get golden breaded bananas even before air frying. After air fry for 8 minutes, it will turn into golden brown, crispy on the outside and the right richness on the inside.