This week, we will show you how you can use an Enhans air fryer to make a complete a Tandoori meal. Today, we start with garlic naan (flatbread) for a non-rice dinner for your next family gathering.
For the Naan:
- 1½ tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp granulated white sugar
- 120ml warm water, 45 Celcius
- 120 ml warm whole milk, 45 Celcius
- 125g plain whole milk yoghurt
- 480g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- olive oil or grape seed oil, as needed for brushing dough
- chopped cilantro, as needed to garnish
For the Garlic Sauce:
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp melted ghee, melted butter, or olive oil
- season with kosher salt, as needed
Make the Naan:
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in warm water and warm milk. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 to 7 minutes until the yeast starts to foam and smells fragrant like beer.
- Add in the yoghurt, and stir until incorporated. Add the flour and salt. Mix until the dough comes together. Use floured hands to knead the dough until smooth, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a large greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rest at room temperature for about an hour, until doubled in bulk.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces. Working with one at a time, roll each piece to a thickness of about 1/4-inch.
- Spray each side with olive oil and cook in the air fryer about 6 minutes on 190 Celcius.
- Remember to flip the naan about halfway through the cooking process.
- Brush or spoon the garlic sauce over the cooked naan. If desired, garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve naan warm.
Make the Garlic Sauce:
- Place the minced garlic and ghee in a safe microwave bowl.
- Microwave for 20 to 30 seconds until the ghee is melted and garlic is fragrant.
- Season with kosher salt, to taste.
- Alternately, melt the butter or heat oil over a stove and add garlic.
*Note: The cooked naan dough should be soft and pliable. If dough is cooking too fast or burning, adjust temperature as needed.