If you’re having guests over this Deepavali or are visiting some friends, be sure to make and take along one of these dishes for everyone to enjoy! Butter chicken tikka has always been a favourite among many, but it isn’t usually a go-to food when taking health into consideration. However, we tweaked this recipe so you can have it without so much guilt while retaining its taste, if not added with more!
- 1 cup full fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons kashmiri red chili powder (note substitute with sweet paprika if you do not have kashmiri red chili powder)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon red cayenne powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken cut into 2 inch pieces (To garnish and finish)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or ghee
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala or ground black pepper
- Chopped cilantro
- Fresh Lime juice
- Thinly sliced onions
- Mix together the yogurt, red chili powder, turmeric, garam masala, red cayenne powder, and salt.
- Mix in the chicken and set aside for 4 to 6 hours.
- Place the chicken in the air fryer basket. Cook for 8 minutes at 260°C. Turn and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove and brush with melted butter and chaat masala or black pepper. Sprinkle with lemon juice, chopped cilantro and thinly sliced onions.
- Serve with toothpicks or mini forks.
To make this in a sheet pan, grease the sheet pan, spread the chicken and bake and 246°C for 10 minutes. Turn and bast lightly. Turn on the broil setting and broil for 3 minutes. Finish with melted butter and lime juice.