Tornado potatoes also called twist potatoes or tornado fries are popular street food in South Korea. Anyone who has explored the night market food scene will instantly recognize tornado potatoes.
- 3-4 medium Yukon potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup Mexican cheese
- Cilantro, garnish
- Hot sauce, garnish
- Preheat the Enhans Air Fryer Oven by selecting the upper + lower heat function (second choice) and set the temperature to 170°C.
- Scrub potatoes well, then dry and skewer onto metal skewers. Try to get the skewer in the center of the potato, long wise.
- Use a small paring knife to cut the potato into a spiral. As you work down the skewer, cut down to the skewer at an angle. If you accidentally cut through the potato, it’s okay.
- When you have all your potatoes spiralized, place them on a baking tray lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Brush the potatoes liberally with melted butter. Then sprinkle with seasoning mix.
- Bake potatoes for 40-45 mins, turning once halfway through so they cook evenly.
- Finished tornado potatoes should be cooked through and tender, but crispy around the edges.
- Remove potatoes and sprinkle with Mexican cheese, fresh cilantro, and a little extra seasoning mix.
- Serve while warm.