Yakitori is a Japanese appetiser or street food is usually charcoal-grilled. Without charcoal, you can still make these super easy and yummy Yakitori by using an Enhans air fryer.
Ingredients B (Sauce)
- 8 bamboo sticks
- 450gram chicken thighs cut into 2-inch pieces
- 100gram scallions sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 80gram Teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp tapioca flour diluted in 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Soak bamboo sticks in water for 15 minutes.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and whisk together.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat for 4-5 minutes until it simmers and slightly thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Divide sauce in half, one for basting the chicken and another to serve with the cooked chicken as a dipping sauce.
- Alternate skewering the chicken thighs and scallions on the bamboo sticks.
- Season both sides with sea salt.
- Line the bottom of an air fryer with parchment paper.
- Place 4 skewers on top and baste with sauce. (Cook the skewered chicken in batches).
- Air fry at 200 Celcius for 5 minutes.
- Flip and baste the other side with sauce. Air fry at 200 Celcius for 6 minutes until browned and caramelised.
- Top with heat and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Serve with the sauce for dipping.