Air-fried chicken katsu that is crispy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside. The sauce is a little bit sweet, a little bit tangy, and complements the chicken perfectly. Give it a try and let us know!
- 65gram ketchup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sherry
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 450gram boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced in half horizontally
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 200gram panko bread crumbs
- Some cooking oil
- Whisk ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic together in a bowl until sugar has dissolved. Set katsu sauce aside.
- Preheat an air fryer to 175 Celcius.
- Lay chicken pieces on a clean work surface. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place beaten eggs in a flat dish. Pour bread crumbs into a second flat dish.
- Dredge chicken pieces in egg and then in bread crumbs. Repeat by dredging the chicken in egg and then bread crumbs again, pressing down so that the bread crumbs stick to the chicken.
- Place chicken pieces in the basket of the pre-heated air fryer. Spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray.
- Air fry for 10 minutes. Flip chicken pieces over using a spatula and spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook for 8 minutes more. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and slice. Serve with katsu sauce.