Air Fried Spring Roll (locally called as fried popiah) is a delicious appetizer or snack! This easy vegan spring roll recipe is simple to make and cooks in only 9 minutes. Check it out!
- 6 spring roll wrappers
- 175 g cabbage, shredded
- 1.5 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- Preheat a frying pan for a few minutes over medium heat.
- Add the sesame oil, ginger, cabbage, and shredded carrot.
- Cook down for 2-3 minutes or until the cabbage has wilted.
- Add the green onions, soy sauce, and black pepper. Stir and remove from heat.
- Assemble your spring roll wrapper. Brush cooking oil over the top of the egg rolls.
- Brush cooking oil on the basket of your air fryer. Place the egg rolls in the basket, seam side down, without letting them touch each other.
- Bake at 180 Celcius for 7 minutes. Flip and bake for an additional 2 minutes.
- To freeze: place uncooked egg rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and freeze.
- Then transfer to a freezer-proof bag or container.
- Do not thaw before cooking. You will need to add a few minutes to the cooking time.